PDA

View Full Version : IE 6: "conn is null or no object" at AJAX request

htammen
19 Aug 2010, 1:30 AM
at IE 6 the above mentioned javascript error is thrown in line 1734, character 13 of ext-base-debug.js when performing an asynchronous AJAX request. This happens not only in my application but also when calling the Editor Grid example (http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/dev/examples/grid/edit-grid.html)

Im using Ext JS 3.2.1

Everything works fine in FF and IE 7.

Because I couldnīt find a thread that discusses this topic I think itīs an IE configuration problem. Other javascript applications that use AJAX (via DOJO) work as expected.

Can anybody tell me how I have to configure IE 6 that it processes Ext JS AJAX requests as well?

Condor
19 Aug 2010, 2:50 AM
On IE6 you need ActiveX enabled to do Ajax requests.

htammen
19 Aug 2010, 3:06 AM
thank you Condor. Unfortunately the PC at which I need it is a PC of a bigger company and Iīm not authorized to enable ActiveX. Even if the administrators enable it at my PC the 80.000 other employees of the company from which appr. 10.000 still work with IE 6 will not be able to run the application.

Is there another way to enable AJAX? Dojo seems not to use ActiveX. Why does Ext JS?

Animal
19 Aug 2010, 3:32 AM
Use a SciptTagProxy

htammen
19 Aug 2010, 3:37 AM
thanks I will have a look at it and give it a try

Condor
19 Aug 2010, 3:45 AM
Or you could configure your request with isUpload:Ext.isIE6, so it uses a hidden IFRAME instead of XmlHttpRequest.