PDA

View Full Version : Web Accessibility: Why button is highlighted when it is not in focus mode

khoivu4477
2 Sep 2010, 4:32 AM
I used ExtJs access-theme and had a problem with all the button. The button is highlighted with highly contrast button orange . When a button is in focus, it shows a normal button. In short, the behavior must be reversed, that is, the button should show highly contrast orange when the button is in focus. Please see the attached image.

Condor
2 Sep 2010, 4:44 AM
I am not seeing this in the Themes example (http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/dev/examples/themes/index.html) (unless this is a toggle button?).

Is there anything different about your application?

khoivu4477
2 Sep 2010, 5:24 AM
Yes, my application is a portlet that runs inside Liferay containter. And access-xtheme rules are somehow overridden by other css rules included by other portlets.

I need to find out what css rules that ExtJs uses to highlight the button when the button is in focus so that I can put more specific selection to avoid conflict.

Hope someone can help to explain this behavior.

Thanks

Condor
2 Sep 2010, 5:40 AM
Since this is caused by your own css the only way we can comment on it is if you make your page available publicly.

ps. Did you already have a look with Firebug to see which css rules were applied?