PDA

View Full Version : Spring-js and ExtJS integration

jbeaven
2 Sep 2010, 10:19 AM
I'm on a new project where we're looking to integrate ExtJS to be used with Spring-js. Spring's documentation makes reference to making sure we include the base library file, the Spring.js file, and the Spring-(library implementation).js file.

As best as I can make out there is no Spring-ExtJS.js file out there. Does this mean we have to create our own or are their resources available that I just haven't found yet.

Thanks.

Condor
3 Sep 2010, 12:24 AM
What kind of integration are you looking for?

I'm using Ext with Spring's AbstractCommandController and JsonView and I don't need a Spring javascript library for that.

Animal
3 Sep 2010, 12:26 AM
Some goof advice here: http://loianegroner.com/2010/09/extjs-spring-mvc-3-and-hibernate-3-5-crud-datagrid-example/

jbeaven
3 Sep 2010, 6:55 AM
What kind of integration are you looking for?

I'm using Ext with Spring's AbstractCommandController and JsonView and I don't need a Spring javascript library for that.
Well while I'm personally not seeing any benefit to it our Architecture team has dreams of us being able to fully utilize tiles and abstract away certain things so that we can fully utilize Spring webflow and thus this is requiring us to utilize spring-js.

I'm not a fan but the more I'm searching the more it looks like we're going to have to write our own and that's not a task I'm looking forward to. I barely know Ext much less having to learn enough dojo in order to recreate what's happening in Ext...if I even can.

Condor
3 Sep 2010, 9:03 AM
I used to use webflow too, but it's Web1.0 technology. You really don't need it for a Web2.0 application where all you are exchanging with the server is data.

jbeaven
3 Sep 2010, 9:37 AM
Trust me when I say I would prefer not to be using it. Unfortunately I don't have the clout to make decisions like that and thus have been saddled with the task of attempting to implement spring-js in Ext.