PDA

View Full Version : Portal Example - Moving an item from one location to another causes a refresh

johnman
14 Sep 2010, 8:47 AM
Hi,

First time user of your framework and it is quite impressive. I've been looking at the portal example and like the ability to move items around the screen to position them in different locations.

I've added an iframe to one of the items and load a page containing a Silverlight control. I've noticed that the page within the iframe refreshes everytime the item is moved.

Is there any way to prevent this (other than don't use an iframe ;))?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

John

darthwes
14 Sep 2010, 9:14 AM
I'll throw a guess out at you. Try setting the iFrame's hideMode config property to 'offsets'

dnickels
21 Sep 2010, 1:35 PM
johnman,

I'm having the exact same problem - Silverlight content being displayed in an iframe gets refreshed each time that the portlet is dragged-and-dropped or expanded/collapsed. I'm using the IFrameComponent suggested by Jack Slocum in the post http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?11100-Ext2.0-IFrame-within-TabPanel and the Ext JS Portal demo app. Did the "hideMode" suggestion from darthwes work? I tried it (at least what I thought I should do) and it didn't work for me; I've only been using Ext JS for 2 weeks now, so it's highly likely that I may not be doing something right.