PDA

View Full Version : Aptana / Rockstarapps advice

fabads
18 Sep 2010, 12:00 AM
Hello,

I've done a small application using Ext JS. I'm satisfied with the result and I'd like now to minify the code.
I've structured my project according to the Saki's tutorial (1 index.html refering to multiple js files ...).
I use IDE like aptana for the first time, and it's not so easy to setup.

What's the best way to create the project ? Shall I import all my existing files in the project's directory ? Shall I use links instead ?

Is it possible to analyse automatically the index.html file and to retrieve, concatenate and minify js files ? Or shall I need to select files manually ?

Thx for your advices !

steffenk
18 Sep 2010, 12:52 AM
open project from existing files using your directory.

With rockstarapps you can't have it automated, but it's simple. Just select all your included js files, then access rockstarapps from menu. You might change the order of files in the first step of compress wizard.

fabads
18 Sep 2010, 1:14 AM
Hello Steffenk,

If my understanding is good, you need to add in the project all 3rd parties used (ext js ...), then select manually in the left panel all js file then right click -> rockstarapps -> Compress Javascript ?

In a project, is it better to include the whole ext js distribution or just extract the files required for a given project (i.e. at leat ext-all and ext-base) ?

And for development versus production, the project shall contain 2 index.html, one with the minifyed js and the other for debugging purpose ?

Thx

steffenk
18 Sep 2010, 1:24 AM
it's all personal taste. I like to include the ExtJs in my project, but you also could add only the 3 included files (all, base and css)

I work with php where i have a debug flag, working with index.html you could use a copy index_debug.html for including single files.

The compression, yes you are right. just verify the steps of the wizard. next time if you compress, just check the overwrite checkbox and press finish.