PDA

View Full Version : How to hide the last column of a GridPanel

dreamin
22 Sep 2010, 5:28 AM
In common grid panels, there is always a small column, on the right, that is rendered by default.
It is an extra (unwanted) column, that appears in addiction of your grid columns.
How can I hide it? Which is the reason it is there?

Many thanks!

troseberry
22 Sep 2010, 6:03 AM
If I understand the "column" that your talking about it is the area that is used when the vertical scrollbar is displayed.

troseberry
22 Sep 2010, 6:21 AM
After looking at it columns appear to be created in a table that is always about 19px shorter than the header element. My guess is if you want to get rid of it then just override the css for the column table that was created.

dreamin
22 Sep 2010, 6:22 AM
Yes, I'd like not to show it, until the scrollbar is needed...

troseberry
22 Sep 2010, 6:47 AM
even with the column resized to fill the area it will still show the scroll bar with no issues. Why is it such a bad thing to have? It helps seperate the space so there isnt such overlap of things.

dreamin
22 Sep 2010, 7:01 AM
even with the column resized to fill the area it will still show the scroll bar with no issues. Why is it such a bad thing to have? It helps seperate the space so there isnt such overlap of things.

It seems like a small column with no data inside, so first the site users often ask themselves what is it that column, then they send me an email to ask me this thing. That space creates confusion, my experience say this.