PDA

View Full Version : How does it look and work in Android?

pal8
29 Sep 2010, 10:36 AM
When looking on a Sencha Touch app on a HTC Legend it didn't look that great, not that smooth. I have a feeling it will look better on an iPhone.

Are there more examples?

pal8
29 Sep 2010, 1:16 PM
It looks great on iPhone. I guess the difference in resolution and screen size is one of the things to blame. Can you set the screen size in Sencha Touch depending on device?

mayur.tendulkar
29 Sep 2010, 10:11 PM
When I used Kitchen Sink demo (http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/touch/examples/kitchensink (http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/touch/examples/kitchensink/)) , it worked perfect on many devices and worked like a charm. It also detects screen resolutions and renders accordingly.
However, on Android, the UI (to be specific buttons on toolbars) is not pleasant and attractive like the one on iPhone/iPad.
Thanks, I was going to ask the same question. Do I need to do anything different for Android, to get better UI.

meQ
29 Sep 2010, 11:52 PM
Forms on Android are messy, but the rest is working quite good.
I'm testing on Samsung Galaxy S 9000 (Android 2.1)

pal8
30 Sep 2010, 12:08 AM
A follow up question: Will Sencha Touch eventually be 100% functional and smooth on Android as it is on iPhone? I want to take a path and standing at a crossroad, so I need to know.

meQ
30 Sep 2010, 1:33 AM
There is already a Thread related to forms on android.

Unfortunately there is no reaction from the sencha touch team. Guess they are working hard on 0.96

pal8
30 Sep 2010, 1:39 AM
There is already a Thread related to forms on android.

Unfortunately there is no reaction from the sencha touch team. Guess they are working hard on 0.96

Hopefully :-)

meQ
30 Sep 2010, 1:42 AM
But it's good to have some more developers waiting for android improvement. So I don't feel like i'm the only one anymore ;)
Maybe we should start a thread for all android related touch questions..

gabrielstuff
3 Oct 2010, 4:27 PM
Hi again !
I had the occasion to test on Galaxy S 9000 and droid 1.5... arf, a very bad moment... the app is very slow. Any app in the demos are loading, rendering and executing very slowly, with quasi no reaction to touch event.

meQ
4 Oct 2010, 1:07 AM
I'm testing on samsung galaxy S 9000 with animations disabled and the performance is acceptable. (could be better)