PDA

View Full Version : Problems with manifest

SimonFlack
30 Sep 2010, 12:06 AM
Hey guys. This is not really a Sencha issue but I figure that someone here might be able to help.

I have added a Manifest file to my Sencha-Touch app but chrome says that it is unable to parse the file.

UPDATED index.html
<html manifest="manifest.cache">

HERE IS MY TEST FILE (manifest.cache) - Empty while trying to debug the parse error
# v 0.1.1
CACHE MANIFEST
CACHE:
FALLBACK:
NETWORK:

CHECKED MIME TYPE (seems to be text/cache-manifest as desired)
Chrome says: "Resource interpreted as document but transferred with MIME type text/cache-manifest."

PARSE ERROR (when loading Sencha App)
Chrome says: "Creating Application Cache with manifest http://localhost/html/manifest.cache
Application Cache Checking event
Application Cache Error event: Failed to parse manifest http://localhost/html/manifest.cache"

Any ideas as to what might be wrong?

SimonFlack
30 Sep 2010, 4:39 AM
Opps.. My Bad!

Seems like "#" comment cant be first line... Changed to

CACHE MANIFEST
# v 0.1.1
CACHE:
FALLBACK:
NETWORK:

and everything works :-)

elishnevsky
30 Sep 2010, 9:03 AM
I can't get html5 offline feature to work on iPhone at all. I know that I'm doing everything right. Manifest file, MIME type being "text/cache-manifest" etc... As a matter of fact everything works fine in any desktop browser, but not on my iPhone. Any idea what might be wrong?

SimonFlack
1 Oct 2010, 4:59 AM
I also forgot to register my JSON request urls under network. That took ages to figure out!

Now I have:

CACHE MANIFEST
# v 0.1.1
CACHE:
# js files, images and css

NETWORK:
# json urls

Seems to be working now... :-)

m4manas
18 Jan 2012, 6:21 PM
Thanks Guys,
It works now.

One thing i have notice if we leave out some file from the manifest. It does not load. It seems every thing need to be either in CACHE:
Or in NETWORK:

SimonFlack
18 Jan 2012, 10:33 PM
Yeah. You have to list every file.

akpotosufredrick
23 May 2012, 11:24 PM
Try using Sencha Touch 2 and its SDK. Then you dont / wont have to worry about such Problems again.