PDA

View Full Version : iOS Safari Mobile AJAX timeout

qwirker
30 Sep 2010, 10:07 AM
Does anybody know if Apple has a hard-coded timeout on AJAX calls on iOS?

First, I know about the Ext.Ajax timeout and have that set to 90 seconds. However, I have an Ext.Ajax call that takes 1 min 5 secs exactly (using thread sleep on a service) and on Safari mobile the 'success' function fires with null data at 60 seconds. period. Same code everywhere else works fine (Chrome, Safari on PC, Android) and fires the 'success' function at 65 seconds with returned data. If I set my thread sleep on the service to 59 seconds, it works on Safari mobile (as well as everywhere else).

I've tried this with iOS 3 & 4.

My fear is Apple hard-coded a 60 timeout for web requests. Or maybe that's a default that can be changed? If so, does anybody know how?

-q

evant
30 Sep 2010, 3:58 PM
I can confirm what you're saying, though I wasn't really able to find much info about it on the web.

As soon as the server request hits 60s, it always returns as a failure, no matter what the timeout on the Ajax request.

qwirker
30 Sep 2010, 5:21 PM
I think it's worse than that even. I did some further testing, it's not just Ajax. I tried a web page (php) that slept for over a minute, and again Safari mobile timed out at 60 seconds.

I can't find anything about this searching Google. At least not about iOS Safari. I did find several hits from 2003 when apparently Safari on OSX was also defaulted to 60 second web timeouts. Some guy wrote a program to set it to 10 minutes for you, as there was no way to configure it.

Now, if someone would write a native app to fix this on the iOS, I'd buy it.

inane
24 Nov 2014, 10:33 AM
Hello, I am having the same issue, any clue??

Thanks!