PDA

View Full Version : Ext.util.Cookie in Sencha Touch ?

gary7au
2 Oct 2010, 1:03 AM
Does anyone know if Ext.util.Cookies is to be added to Sencha Touch?

I have an application with a login screen that returns a token which will expire only after 'x' days. I would like to store the token in a cookie so the user does not have to login every time they access the app.

Cheers

igriffin
13 Oct 2010, 9:11 AM
Yes, what is the status of cookies? I am assuming we are just moving on to HTML5 local storage, which is what I plan to do with my old cookie code, but it would be nice to reuse this code to get things mobile faster.

gary: For now, you can always include the old Cookies.js code for support. That's what I'm doing for now. At the suggestion of somebody else, I have an 'ext-touch-missing.js' file next to my ext-touch-debug files. That way, I can double-check my 'missing' items against new releases just in case it gets added.

-Ian

jefftran
7 Dec 2010, 1:14 PM
I only have the Sencha Touch license. Can i include the Ext.3.3.1 cookies.js?

alikic
6 Jan 2011, 7:17 AM
I am thinking of implementing detection of server failover, by detecting a change in JSESSIONID cookie passed in the response from the server. The browser won't let me read the response headers (for cookies) directly, so the only way seems to be accessing document.cookie after response is received. What I want to say, perhaps there are still use cases that validate inclusion of Ext.util.Cookies in Sencha Touch.

kalor
21 Nov 2011, 7:35 PM
Yes they're desperately needed. These just don't cut it. (http://www.tastypursuits.com/2011/05/sencha-coconut-cookies/)