PDA

View Full Version : [REQUEST] Double Select

jsakalos
14 Aug 2007, 3:58 PM
Hi all,

is anybody working on or thinking to work on a double select box? Something like on the attached picture.

Cheers,

tjstuart
14 Aug 2007, 4:43 PM
I am working on exactly that. Have a working beta version with drag-drop, left right arrows etc and will ultimately release as an Ext.ux component.

Busy with my real job at the moment :) but will endeavour to release it soon.

PS. It will be called Ext.ux.ItemSelector (unless a better name is found) and uses the Ext.ux.Multiselect I released yesterday. Once ive fixed the bugs with Ext.ux.Multiselect i'll worry about Ext.ux.ItemSelector .

Cheers

jsakalos
15 Aug 2007, 12:31 AM
Perfect! Good news!

Sure, middle buttons are not needed if we have D&D. Think please also about reordering of items of the right select (up/down buttons on the picture) as I want to use such thing for SQL query designer where order of fields counts.

Mind the text input on the left side: it's for adding items that are not on the left selection list. In my case these are calculated fields.

What about names: ListSelector or DoubleSelect or DoubleList. Just alternatives...

Cheers,

Ronaldo
15 Aug 2007, 1:49 AM
Hi tjstuart,

Looks great and seems to work fine.
Two issues at a first glance:

You can select a range with SHIFT-leftmouse. But if you then perform a left-mouse click (without the SHIFT), all other elements remain selected.
I'd have expected to use a list of TriggerFields, as the Ext.form.ComboBox does and make use of the same css layout stuff (classes etc). Heck, maybe the list shown at an expanded ComboBox and the list shown in your extension could be the same javascript class, both extending it's functionality for specific uses.Despite these comments, your work is appreciated!

Animal
15 Aug 2007, 6:20 AM
Wny not use two DDViews side by side?

If they only have one ddGroup to drop on, then dblclick moves/copies the Record across depending on the mode.

brian.moeskau
15 Aug 2007, 11:31 AM
DD is great, but I would consider keeping the buttons also, maybe as a config option, for usability (i.e., keyboard nav) purposes.

JeffHowden
15 Aug 2007, 8:19 PM
DD is great, but I would consider keeping the buttons also, maybe as a config option, for usability (i.e., keyboard nav) purposes.
Agreed as well as double-click to move from the current list to the target list and the arrow keys on the keyboard as well (left to move the selected/focused item[s] from the list on the left to the list on the left and vice versa for the right).

elbeau
23 Aug 2007, 1:16 PM
Wouldn't this be more useful if you implement it as two grids instead of two multi-selects? You could then automatically have the sorting, pagination, multiple columns, etc. that is already supported in the grid component. I'd be happy to put this together if you think it might be useful.

jsakalos
23 Aug 2007, 1:29 PM
Wouldn't this be more useful if you implement it as two grids instead of two multi-selects? You could then automatically have the sorting, pagination, multiple columns, etc. that is already supported in the grid component. I'd be happy to put this together if you think it might be useful.

I was also thinking about this but then I dropped the idea. Grid is quite heavy component majority of features of which I don't need.

tjstuart
23 Aug 2007, 3:25 PM
I've released a beta of this component (named Ext.ux.ItemSelector) which is part of Ext.ux.Multiselect. See thread here http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11660

May not suit everyone's needs and needs a bit of work.

mthad
9 Jul 2008, 4:22 PM
can anyone please post the code for the above snapshot? thanks