PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED-408] textfields unresponsive to first taps on iOS devices (0.96)

parseroo
7 Oct 2010, 9:27 AM
Opening a new thread since the other is marked fixed and the problem has reappeared in 0.96

Run the "Forms" demo on an iPhone or iPad, and you have to tap a field twice to focus it.

BrendanC
7 Oct 2010, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the bug report.

BrendanC
12 Oct 2010, 9:39 AM
Also discussed here: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?107022-FIXED-230-textfields-unresponsive-to-first-taps-on-iOS-devices

suzzer99
22 Oct 2010, 11:39 AM
FYI - we are seeing this same behavior on all forms across our app. Here is what I have been able to figure out so far:

The problem only occurs on the iPhone (we tested on 4 and 3G), not on Droid or on Safari for the PC (even with the user Agent set to iPhone 4).
It is completely replicatable - first tap always fails, second tap always works.
The first tap can be anywhere in the form, and the second tap will work anywhere else in the form.
If I put each form element in it's own fieldset element, the problem goes away (obviously this is a less-than-ideal solution). Any time a form element shares a fieldset, or the root items[] element with another form element, including a Submit button, we see this behavior.
On the first tap none of the normal events are being fired. Even if I alert the fire() method in Ext.util.Event, it only fires on the second tap. I checked the stackTrace on Safari-PC when it does fire and it seems onPress is at the top of the call. For some reason the iPhone isn't firing that on the first tap. But something must be happening because it always works the second time.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to run down this problem further. This is a very large project for a major media company and we would very much like to get this solved.

BrendanC
5 Nov 2010, 1:36 PM
Appears to be fixed in the most recent release.

parseroo
5 Nov 2010, 1:37 PM
I agree it appears to be fixed. Thanks.

suzzer99
5 Nov 2010, 1:57 PM
Fixed since .98 thanks!