PDA

View Full Version : Row Selection slows down over time

AudiGeist
19 Oct 2010, 9:23 AM
I have a problem with performance of row selection in my grid panel. I'm using Firefox 3.0.18 and Ext JS 3.2.1. As I click the rows in my grid the time it takes for Ext to actually select the row slows down over time. The first selection is fast but after say 20 or 30 clicks around the grid I'm waiting up to 3 - 5 seconds. When I refresh the browser the row selection is fast but then slows again as I click around. I searched the forums but didn't find anything like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

plalx
19 Oct 2010, 11:51 AM
Are you running any code on row selection?

AudiGeist
19 Oct 2010, 12:31 PM
No, I added a button that the user must click before any actions fire on the selected rows. Further testing has led me to this block of code in the JSP.

<html:select property="propName" value="newProp">
<html:option value="newProp">
<c:out value="New Property..." />
</html:option>
<c:forEach var="prop" items="${props}">
<html:option value="${prop}">
<c:out value="${prop}"/>
</html:option>
</c:forEach>
</html:select>

The tags you see here are old JSP JSTL and Struts 1. I don't know if a conflict exists between them and Ext but I wouldn't think so. However whenever I remove this block the problem goes away. If I display the grid in a standalone HTML page everything works fine. So it's not the Ext code but the integration of it with the JSP page.

The reason I'm using old JSP/Struts stuff is because I'm upgrading functionality for a legacy web app. Thanks.

Condor
20 Oct 2010, 3:23 AM
So it slows down because you have a <select> tag on the page? Weird...

ps. Do you mean multiple row selections or single row selection?

AudiGeist
20 Oct 2010, 4:23 AM
Single and mulit select.

Weird is right. Just learned this issue is occurring in FF 3.0.18 but not 3.0.12.