PDA

View Full Version : Mask on fieldsets

SabaSarwat
25 Oct 2010, 3:38 AM
Hello,

In my application, I have a large number of fieldsets with a lots of form components in them. I keep them all collapsed and expand them when needed. They take some time in expanding because items present in them are xtypes. I want to apply some loading mask on fieldsets so that it may appear during that time. Can anyone kindly tell me how to do it? or is it possible?

Regards,
Saba!

Condor
25 Oct 2010, 3:59 AM
No, this is not possible, because rendering components completely occupies the current thread, so the mask would only become visible after the fields had all rendered.

SabaSarwat
25 Oct 2010, 4:03 AM
Is there any other solution? so that the user could know that something is loading...

Condor
25 Oct 2010, 4:07 AM
Yes, but that requires a bit more coding.

Your fieldsets would have to be initially empty and you would have to add the content on expand.

SabaSarwat
25 Oct 2010, 4:08 AM
In richfaces we have a <ajax: status> which shows in every ajax call and tells the user that something is happening in the background. So is it possible to show such status in extjs as well?

Condor
25 Oct 2010, 4:16 AM
Yes, but rendering components isn't an Ajax call (during an Ajax call the current thread is idle, but while rendering components it is fully occupied).