PDA

View Full Version : How to make something scrollable that Sencha Touch didn't create?

stever
28 Oct 2010, 1:51 PM
How to make something scrollable that Sencha Touch didn't create? I'm working on a Touch extension to Firebug Lite and don't want to mess with Firebug Lite per se, but rather add a bit functionality and fixes after the fact.

xnakxx
28 Oct 2010, 1:53 PM
not knowing what ur wanting to make scrollable im guessing you may be able to just add it to a panel with scrolling enabled.

stever
28 Oct 2010, 2:35 PM
Basically it is a DIV deep inside something. A wrapper on the outside won't do, I need to inject behavior inside a nested set of divs... it might not be possible... or might be a utility at a low level

joseeight
29 Oct 2010, 6:29 AM
Hey,

So can you explain a bit more? Are you having the <div> inside a full page, a page that is scrollable, but then you want the specific <div> to be scrollable on its own? (In other words, have multiple scrolling <div> inside a main page?)

Cheers

touchy
29 Oct 2010, 12:48 PM
Learn about CSS property overflow.

joseeight
29 Oct 2010, 1:17 PM
That's not what he is asking, and that wouldn't work.

stever
29 Oct 2010, 1:19 PM
Learn about CSS property overflow.

I am trying to get around Apple's two-finger scroll requirement for overflow (which also doesn't have visual feedback).

touchy
29 Oct 2010, 1:22 PM
CSS property overflow value scroll: "The overflow is clipped, but a scroll-bar is added to see the rest of the content." Works for div, I'm using it.

The two finger though I've not solved without Sencha Touch.

joseeight
29 Oct 2010, 1:52 PM
You should post a link to a sample layout of what you need. I think your question is more about what kind of layout and component you should use for this. The person talking about overflow from above seems not to know about how content is displayed on mobile-touch-browsers.

touchy
29 Oct 2010, 2:02 PM
Well, stever says it is inside a nested set of things (must mean HTML elements) that were not created by Sencha Touch, they're not components. Apparently Firebug. So there isn't a layout there, and no Sencha Touch component. And the person talking about overflow just spent some time on making content scroll in a <div> without and with Sencha Touch.

wawrek
7 Feb 2011, 5:29 AM
did you find a solution to your problem? I am trying to do the same, I have a lot of divs within a parent div, i would like to make these draggable in sencha touch.

it just doesn't work....