PDA

View Full Version : Problem with EditorGridPanel store's remoteSort = true after 10 or so sorts ...

wgpubs
3 Nov 2010, 12:58 AM
Is anyone else having an issue with sorting a GridPanel after sorting 10-15 sorts?

I have an EditorGridPanel using a JsonStore configured to do a remoteSort. All works as expected after 10-15 sorts by clicking on the various columns in the grid ... BUT at some point requests to the server are just not sent. Instead, things churn away in the browser until finally I see a "401 Aborted" message in the console.

Can I actually be making too many requests ... or too quickly? I don't get it.

Thanks -wg

*** UPDATE ***

The problem seems to be related more to how long the grid was first rendered. After about 30 seconds none of the requests as a result of sorting (or filtering for that matter) go to the server.

Condor
3 Nov 2010, 1:15 AM
Debug your requests with the Firebug Net tab or Fiddler2.

Does the sort request get sent?
Does the server respond correctly?
When the next sort request is sent, are there any requests still open?

(sounds like a server problem)

wgpubs
3 Nov 2010, 1:28 AM
>> Does the sort request get sent?
The sort request get sent for awhile but for some reason, after a period of time, they stop getting sent

>> Does the server respond correctly?
Yes. As I said, requests are processed correctly for a number of sorts

>> When the next sort request is sent, are there any requests still open?
No. The grid is locked down until sorting finishes.

When the problem occurs, Firebug gives me the impression that it is waiting on the GET request to return ... BUT I've verified via setting breakpoint in my ASP.NET MVC app that the request isn't even being processed. Only *after* the request times out (which I think defaults to 30 seconds) does my breakpoint in my server-side code actually hit! So, as weird as it sounds, it looks like the request is only sent AFTER it times out on the client side.

wgpubs
3 Nov 2010, 1:34 AM
Firebug is reporting the following:

"Failed to load source for: http://localhost/sampleWeb/Locations?_dc=1288776722923&start=0&limit=50&sort=Unit&dir=ASC" along with a "401 Aborted"

So I guess it is coming from the server ... but I don't get why.

wgpubs
3 Nov 2010, 9:16 AM
The problem seems to be with using Windows Integrated authentication.

Usually ExtJs properly handles 401 responses (challenges from the server) by simply re-requesting the resource. But for some reason (not sure if this is something with ExtJs, IIS7, Integrated Authentication or whatever) when I do remoteSorting .... I eventually get a 401 challenge *BUT* the resource is NOT re-requested.

Anybody dealing with this? Solutions?

Condor
3 Nov 2010, 11:27 AM
Browsers don't automatically retry requests with 401 status!

Some browsers (e.g. Firefox) even show a login dialog (even though it was an non-interactive XmlHttpRequest).