PDA

View Full Version : Using grid and window only...how to build our own js with required scripts only?

cruiserDan
3 Nov 2010, 3:44 AM
Hi we're working on an app that only makes use of the grid and window features. Rather than load the entire EXT JS file we'd like to serve just the minimum scripts to get these working. Since there's no builder tool for v3, can anyone suggest which scripts we should include? Thanks in advance...

Condor
3 Nov 2010, 4:15 AM
Make a copy of ext.jsb2, remove everything you don't need and run JSBuilder2 to build a new ext-all.js.

(knowing which packages to remove is a bit trial & error)

cruiserDan
3 Nov 2010, 4:38 PM
Thanks Condor, haven't used JSB2 yet so will give it a shot. cheers

cruiserDan
3 Nov 2010, 11:38 PM
I've started using JSB2 and can see how it's designed to work now. The only part I haven't got my head around is how to integrate it with jquery which we're using for other parts of the site. Leaving the reference to "jQuery Adapter" in the jsb2 file, the output ext-all.js doesn't seem to include anything from "jquery-bridge.js". Should it?

Also does ext-all.js include ext-base.js or am I spposed to reference that script separately?

Condor
4 Nov 2010, 12:05 AM
In the original ext.jsb2 the ext-all.js package doesn't contain ext-base.js.

But you are free to create a packages that contains both (you can even include the jQuery library and your own code so you are left with a single .js and a single .css file).