PDA

View Full Version : Ext.setup() vs Ext.regApplication()

konki_vienna
4 Nov 2010, 5:27 AM
Kind of a newbie-question, i am sorry:
What is the difference between initializing a site/project through Ext.setup() than through Ext.regApplication()?

Should a complex application always use Ext.regApplication()?
Why does the kiva-example use Ext.regApplication()?

Is there some additional information on this Application-model?

jay@moduscreate.com
4 Nov 2010, 4:24 PM
regApplication means you're going to use the Sencha Platform MVC. Ext.setup should be called before hand if you need some pre-app launching stuff to take place.

ShatyUT
27 Dec 2010, 12:20 PM
I would like to echo the OP. The kitchen sink demos seem to use Ext.setup but in at least one screencast, they just created a new Ext.Application() and defined a launch function.

What is "pre-app launching stuff"? Just the start-up screen image and whether or not to turn on gloss? Does Ext.setup() do anything else in the background to get things ready that creating a new Ext.Application() doesn't do? Are these two options really interchangeable?

headkit
16 Mar 2011, 3:33 AM
*subscribe*

also interested in an answer...
thx!

grantmeans
23 Mar 2011, 4:52 AM
I had the same question and stumbled onto this thread via Google. I ended up looking at the source files and here's what I can tell...

Ext.regApplication() will do everything that Ext.setup does along with setting up the application for MVC like jgarcia said. So if you are using MVC, you can pass Ext.regApplication the same config options as you would Ext.setup with the exception of onReady. Ext.regApplication takes care of that with its launch config option.

bagusflyer
28 Dec 2011, 12:13 AM
It seems the launch screen doesn't work when I use Ext.regApplication(). Any clue?

landed
14 Feb 2012, 2:22 AM
I found this through Google as well and I'm starting out hopefully with an MVC approach.
My issue is that Ext.regApplication is undefined ? Though Ext exists.

Using Beta 2 by the way ...