PDA

View Full Version : Invalid Argument

millernegro
5 Nov 2010, 6:34 AM
Hello I have this issue (only in Internet Explorer)

When i open a page that works without trouble in Chrome and Mozilla, i get this error in the debugger - and the page shows all moved/away and not working)

Invalid Argument - ext-all.js, line 7 character 52181

When i use ext-all-debug-w-comments.js , i have the same error in line 6175 character 13

In the explorer debugger i have this line highlighted when i get the error:

!G||!I.anim?I.dom.style.width=I.addUnits(H):I.anim({width:{to:H}},I.preanim(arguments,1))

In the file debug-w-comments, a different line highlight but also contains something about "anim":

!animate || !me.anim ?
me.dom.style.width = me.addUnits(width) :
me.anim({width : {to : width}}, me.preanim(arguments, 1))

Condor
5 Nov 2010, 6:44 AM
You somehow ended up with a negative width.

Can you debug to see which component gets assigned the wrong width?

millernegro
5 Nov 2010, 7:18 AM
thanks for the quick answer Condor, could you point to me to where and what debug , im kind of lost in IE as to how debug that

Condor
5 Nov 2010, 7:25 AM
IE8 has an excellent build-in debugger. Just have a look at the callstack at the error location.

millernegro
5 Nov 2010, 1:05 PM
thanks Condor for helping me out in this, im beggining to change some things and even though the look is still awful in IE, its at least working (no errors).

i had some containers and panels without size defined, and adding some autoWidth: true on some of them made it work.

darthwes
5 Nov 2010, 2:09 PM
The ultimate lesson in autoSizing is the anchor layout...Like instead of giving your components autoWidth: true you can give them anchor: '100%' or (as Condor uses) anchor: '-20'. Obviously it's all about being flexible so you can do what you want to do, and this may not give you the desired effect but it was a hurdle trying to size things until I noticed the anchor property...

Hope that helps.

Condor
5 Nov 2010, 11:28 PM
Using autoWidth:true is almost NEVER a good idea (it lets the browser decide what the width should be - which could behave differently across various browsers)!

@darthwes suggestion to use anchor layout is much better.

anuruddha84
10 Nov 2011, 11:50 PM
Hi,
Thank you very much. I faced same kind of problem, and luckily I found this thread and could fix it :).
I'm new to Ext JS. But I'm very interesting on it. Can you guide me to find good online learning resources..