PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] On PC - chrome and safari browsers get "stuck" to mouse

suzzer99
5 Nov 2010, 2:52 PM
Basically once we use one page animation, from then on the mouse seems to be partially stuck to the page, until the page is reloaded. What I mean by this is if you move the mouse up or down while hovering over the page, the mouse will act as if you are still grabbing the page, and the page will scroll when you don't want it to. It makes it very hard to click the links on the page.

We do a lot of our development on the PC, it would be a real hindrance to have to use devices or emulators for everything. Also we have internal testers who often use the PC browsers to test basic functionality. The emulators are buggy and huge memory hogs, and we can't provide test phones to everyone. So this is actually a pretty big issue for us.

Thanks!

BrendanC
5 Nov 2010, 3:03 PM
Please say what version you are using and if possible post a sample.

Jacky Nguyen
5 Nov 2010, 3:46 PM
Would you please post a quick code sample and description of how to re-produce this issue?

suzzer99
5 Nov 2010, 4:09 PM
This definitely started with .99 and was not present with .98.

Unfortunately it's not that easy to post a code sample, as the problem only occurs after you transition from one page to another, and our app is pretty involved. I'm going to do a diff on .98 vs .99 to see if I can find the culprit.

suzzer99
5 Nov 2010, 4:31 PM
Ok nevermind on this. The problem is our code is throwing an exception in our DataView element which is keeping onTouchEnd from being called. So the touch is just continuing.

I sure wish we could figure out how to use a DataView for attaching listeners w/o needing to create a store that we don't really need or have any idea how to build and get it to work. I'll create another issue I guess.