PDA

View Full Version : login overlay...

rios
8 Nov 2010, 5:12 AM
Hi, I am trying to create a login popup in an overlay and am not having much joy - have tried to use the 'basic login' tutorial but cannot get it to work in my Sencha pages. Does anyone have or know of any decent examples that I can use to my own ends???

Really enjoying using Sencha even if I must admit that I having to learn everything on the fly (am used to straight html and jquery).

Any help greatly appreciated...

joseeight
8 Nov 2010, 6:15 AM
Hi, are you overlaying this over another Sencha Component or just normal HTML?

You should be looking at the "renderTo" property and also "modular"

rios
8 Nov 2010, 6:33 AM
Hi joseeight - Am trying to apply it to an existing ST component - am trying to keep the <body> in the html free. Am pretty green to this but thanks - will look into what you suggested...

joseeight
8 Nov 2010, 6:41 AM
Then you should look at using a panel with "modal" to true and "floating" to also true. Then you can position as you would with absolute positioning. You can also use the "renderTo" property to inset the panel into regular HTML that you can position and style via just plain CSS.

rios
8 Nov 2010, 7:06 AM
Thanks joseeight
I do not see how that helps with the form issue in creating a login function? sorry I am probably being dense but it looks like this is more in reference to positioning?