PDA

View Full Version : Advice on a load more button?

johnwards
8 Nov 2010, 2:36 PM
I would like to have a button at the bottom of a list view that "loads more" items into the list.

Now I fudged this in using "items" on a listView and some knarly CSS but items on lists have been removed in 0.99 so it's back to the drawing board, it was a hack in the first place.

I want the button to always be at the bottom of the list, just how the app store on iOS devices behaves. It gets replaced with the first of the "more" items and gets appended to the bottom of the list.

Any pointers would be great.

Animal
8 Nov 2010, 2:43 PM
Why do't you load when scrolling when it gets towards the bottom?

johnwards
8 Nov 2010, 2:58 PM
What like infinite scrolling? Is it possible to monitor that with an event! I'm on my phone now so don't have the docs to hand. That would just be the job though.

Steffen Hiller
8 Nov 2010, 3:02 PM
I agree with Animal, auto loading when reaching the bottom would be more iOS like.
Haven't seen an implementation with Sencha Touch yet so and don't remember which iOS app is doing that either. ;)

I find the usability of the App Store horrible by the way, the app store is not optimized for iOS devices.

Not sure what you mean with items on list have been removed. As far as I know, they just changed the template and changed the name of the property from tpl to itemTpl.

johnwards
8 Nov 2010, 3:04 PM
Ah the move event, with a bit of fudging that might just be the answer! Was a bit of a struggle to navigate the docs on the phone think they could do with using touch too....

johnwards
8 Nov 2010, 3:08 PM
List/dataview used to have the ability to have 'items' like other components as well as the list items. So I stuck a button on after load manually (setitem didn't work) but the property list.items.items did and that worked, just called a component layer and some CSS and bosh major hackery.

Steffen Hiller
8 Nov 2010, 3:10 PM
Ah yeah, read that it's not a panel anymore.

Yeah, wouldn't mind a touch version of the docs for my iPad sometimes, either. ;)

johnwards
8 Nov 2010, 3:10 PM
Ach lots of typos in those posts, hope the make sense if not blame auto complete and the hour...

Severance
2 Feb 2011, 12:00 AM
Does anyone found a solution for a "load more" button at the end of a list ?

gkatz
2 Feb 2011, 6:49 AM
well,
there are a few plugins in the examples forum that might be of use to you. there is a pager one and a load more one (loads in the background - no button).

having said that, I remember listening to a sencha touch presentation where they stated this functionality will probably be offered as a part of 1.1 so any comments from the sencha dev team are welcomed.
thanks.

Severance
2 Feb 2011, 11:47 PM
yes I found this one :
http://www.vinylfox.com/list-pull-refresh-plugin-for-sencha-touch/

but I want to add this at the end of a list, not at the beginning

Do you have some other examples ?