PDA

View Full Version : Proxy - too many connections

Cubaza
17 Nov 2010, 2:53 AM
Hi.
I have problem with my page based on extjs.
One of my customers has proxy server, and he want to enter my page. The proxy server returns error "Too many connections". This situation take place, when he want to enter the page under IE. On Firefox or when proxy server is off he doesn't have any problem.
And there is my question. If it fault of extjs or proxy server?
Did someone have the same problem and he can help me?
Thanks for all solutions.

Sorry for my English.

cog
17 Nov 2010, 6:08 AM
The requested page probably requires to many files to handle. We have had a problem like yours. If you use fiddler and look at the files (html, js, css, images, etc) the requested page loads, you will see a large quantity passing by. We solved it by reducing our js and css files by merging them into 1 js and 1 css file (speeded things up as well).

IE is pickier on these things than FF. It is IE which poses the problem and blames it on the proxy.

Cheers,

Carl

matt617
17 Nov 2010, 11:49 AM
I have seem similar situations to COG. Generally reducing the number of JS files helps proxy configurations greatly. I suggest JAWR for on demand packaging in a java environment. https://jawr.dev.java.net/. Do not know the best solutions in a PHP or ASP environment but YUI Compressor and Google Closure are generally spoken of well in the community.