PDA

View Full Version : Tab Panel - Closable TAB does not hide and still appears

cmendez21
17 Nov 2010, 3:25 AM
Hi i was testing designer cause i'm creating a project about 20 modules , now the main view is a
viewport which has NORTH, CENTER and WEST. On the CENTER region i set a TabPanel which has an initial tab (home) and the other tabs are closable so the other tabs in resume in my project are about 20 to 30 tabs this tabs in my working project will be created dinamically but inside designer i want to have all of them so i can design and check every detail of behavior so as my resolution is big 1920 x 1080 any way there's no enough room for all the tabs to be visible. so i want to set the hidden property for the panels i have already designed but still appears in designer and preview

Here are my details so you can check them out :

Designer version tested: 1.0.2.14
Operating System: Windows XP sp3 (32 bits)
Description: When creating many tabs i can't hide them so i can get more room to design others
Steps to reproduce the problem:

Create a new project
start creating a viewport and set north panel , west panel (this one is layout fit and contains a tree panel), and last create a center panel with layout fit and a tab panel inside
Create about 6-7 TAbs , make sure the first tab is closable=false and the others are closable=true
on some tabs insert grid panels, forms panels with some fields
On one of the tabs that can be closed set the property hidden =true/checked
Save the project
As you see in designer it's still visible and also in preview is still visible the tab you set to hidden

Is this a bug or i'm doing something wrong ?
thanks in advance

Hani79
19 Nov 2010, 8:20 AM
Comment rescinded. Totally posted it in the wrong thread. You're using Ext.Designer. Sorry!

jarrednicholls
24 Nov 2010, 5:53 AM
Hi cmendez21, this is an issue in Ext JS. Tabs aren't able to be hidden using the Panel's hidden property. You have to hide tabs manually. You can do so by calling getTabEl() (http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Ext.TabPanel&member=getTabEl) on the TabPanel, and then calling hide() on the tab element. So there is no design time way to hide your tabs at this point. We'll look into making this an ability for a future release.