PDA

View Full Version : TreeGrids and Stores

lukefowell89
19 Nov 2010, 8:04 AM
I am revamping an application at the moment, and need to replace a normal grid with a treegrid so the user can sort the items themselves.

From the examples, the code and the API I can see that the data is loaded using dataUrl. How would I go about loading items from a dataStore into a tree grid?

lukefowell89
24 Nov 2010, 2:12 AM
Anyone?

I need to be able to replace a gridpanel, with the treegrid, this grid panel already has existing functions, overlay plugins, its own store which contains a compontent store in each record etc. These records are formulas which we are using within our web application. We can then drag these forumlas onto a canvas, arrange them how we like and save it, which then saves the location of all the labels, formula fields, textfields etc as well as saving any new formulas we have created or edited.

How simple would you think it would be to transfer this current grid into a treegrid? I also need to be able to add parents to the treegrid, then drag the formulas into folders and save it. Which logically can do that fine, but just how simple that all would be.

Taking in mind that I am quite new to ExtJS, although being a web developer for many years, I havent used Javascript as much as I should have so its not simple yet. How difficult would this task be?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for your help,

Luke

Condor
24 Nov 2010, 2:33 AM
TreeGrid is actually a tree and not a grid, so it doesn't use a store.

Maybe you should consider using MaximGB's TreeGrid user extension (which is based on grid).

lukefowell89
24 Nov 2010, 3:04 AM
I have got MaximGB's extension, but I am having trouble trying to figure out how to bring it across, as I am been brought into this project I do not fully understand how everythign works, but nearly every ExtJS class has been extended and extended again and alot of custom extensions, using a notification center. Meaning its very hard to pull apart the 200 js files to find what i am looking for!

ill try and work my through it and when I can some more precise issues ill come back to see if anyone can help me out,

thanks!