PDA

View Full Version : _25.rows[_22] has no properties

Xouqoa
22 Aug 2007, 1:04 PM
Has anybody ever gotten this error message?

_25.rows[_22] has no properties

I have a search form which then passes the parameters to a grid and loads it in a tab. The first time I do this, everything works swimmingly. The second time I do it, if I click on any row except for the first one, I get that error. I can still perform the double click action (which loads a tree) and it seems to work okay, but I am just trying to figure out how to eliminate that error in FireBug.

I tried destroying the grid if it exists, as well as just reloading the data store and I get the same message with both methods. I searched, and only found one reference to the error at the end of an old post which was unanswered.

evant
22 Aug 2007, 3:08 PM
You'd be better off using the debug version of Ext, it's kind of hard to figure out what _22 and _25 are. So include ext-all-debug.js while you are debugging, as opposed to ext-all.js

Xouqoa
22 Aug 2007, 8:29 PM
You'd be better off using the debug version of Ext, it's kind of hard to figure out what _22 and _25 are. So include ext-all-debug.js while you are debugging, as opposed to ext-all.js

Okay, and will it just give more detailed information in the FireBug console or do I have to look for it somewhere specific? (or maybe manually log it?)

New to Ext, but picking it up quickly. :)

evant
22 Aug 2007, 8:42 PM
The debug version has proper variable names and formatting, so you might even be able to figure out what's going wrong yourself.

And yes, info should be coming from firebug.

Xouqoa
22 Aug 2007, 8:44 PM
The debug version has proper variable names and formatting, so you might even be able to figure out what's going wrong yourself.

And yes, info should be coming from firebug.

Awesome, I'll give it a try tomorrow. Thanks. :)

brian.moeskau
22 Aug 2007, 8:45 PM
Another debugging tip everyone should know -- if you're not sure where the error is coming from, on the Firebug "Script" tab under the "Options" link make sure "Break on all errors" is checked while actively debugging. It will break right on the problem line and give you the fully linked stack trace in the Firebug header. Don't leave home without it ;)