PDA

View Full Version : Grid swallowing mouse events

RoboBobo
29 Nov 2010, 7:04 AM
Why Grid is swallowing mouse events, specifically mouse wheel events? Even if I set in style property overflow:hidden it swallows the wheel event. In plain html it works differently - the whole web page scrolls, not the table.

Condor
29 Nov 2010, 7:23 AM
Any element with overflow:auto that has a scrollWidth/Height that is bigger than the clientWidth/Height (= so any scrolling element) will do this.

Do you want your grids to be autoHeight:true?

RoboBobo
29 Nov 2010, 7:39 AM
I want to have Grid without scrolling ability - I know that sounds silly, but in fact I have four Grids one below another, and I know that no one will overflow (there is paging implemented). When I scroll using mouse wheel, nothing happends - Grid has no overflow, so it can't scroll, and the whole page doesn't scroll as well (what it's bad).

Condor
29 Nov 2010, 8:03 AM
And when you configure your grids with autoHeight:true?

RoboBobo
1 Dec 2010, 2:11 AM
I dont set autoHeight:true. The height of the grid is controlled in generated html in line
<div style="border:0px;overflow:hidden; width: 100%; height: 370px;">

Condor
1 Dec 2010, 6:29 AM
That doesn't stop you from making the grid autoHeight:true.

RoboBobo
1 Dec 2010, 8:10 AM
I have set the option autoHeight:true, and it doesn't cause nothing, beside the fact that grid is accommodating to its size. But as I mentioned this not the problem. The problem is that grid blocks scrolling of the whole webpage. In plain html setting overflow:hidden causes disabling scrolling the area and passing on the event to scrolling the whole page. This is my goal.