PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] Ext Designer modifying unchanged files

msmolyak
6 Dec 2010, 12:21 PM
Each time I export my project in the Designer, it overwrites all the files in the project regardless of whether the components defined in the file changed or not. It actually changes all the JS files, at the minimum by updating the time stamp in the comment at the top. This makes it difficult to use a version control system to detect which files actually changed due to component changes. Is it possible to turn off the time stamp update feature in the Designer?

Thank you,

Michael

jsakalos
6 Dec 2010, 3:39 PM
Which VCS do you use? It shouldn't rely on timestamps but on the content.

Anyway, this is more a feature request than something the support team can help you with. Do you want me to move this thread to Feature Requests forum?

h.wagner@telekom.de
14 Dec 2010, 8:46 AM
Which VCS do you use? It shouldn't rely on timestamps but on the content.

As the author of this thread mentions, it's not the "timestamp of the file", but the "timestamp as a string in a comment in the generated file" at the begining of the file, cause for whatever reason ExtDesigner writes it there :).

Anyway, this is more a feature request than something the support team can help you with. Do you want me to move this thread to Feature Requests forum?
I think this is a bug, since ExtDesigner should not regenerate files that has no changed content.
This bug generates too much noise in our SVN too :(.

jsakalos
14 Dec 2010, 9:39 AM
I agree. Moving this thread to the Designer Bugs forum.

jarrednicholls
14 Dec 2010, 11:41 AM
This is not a bug but a near future release of the Designer will support exporting only particular components within your hierarchy, therefore pseudo-resolving this issue. As for the xds_index.* and include files, I would not bother putting these into source control (re: just your component classes and .xds project file are worth putting into source control IMHO).

msmolyak
14 Dec 2010, 12:03 PM
I am talking about the comment the Designer produces in all JS files it controls:

/*
* File: HelpPanel.ui.js
* Date: Tue Dec 14 2010 09:07:22 GMT-0500 (EST)
* This file was generated by Ext Designer version xds-1.0.2.14.
* http://www.extjs.com/products/designer/
* This file will be auto-generated each and everytime you export.
* Do NOT hand edit this file.
*/

HelpPanelUi = Ext.extend(Ext.Panel, {
title: '',
html: '',
id: 'helpPanel',
initComponent: function() {
HelpPanelUi.superclass.initComponent.call(this);
}
});

Each time I export the project from the Designer it updates all the JS files in the project (all the ones it controls) regardless of whether the content of the file changed or not. At the very least the designer updates the timestamp at the top. Subsequently Subversion tells me that the file has changed even when the component code stayed the same. It would be nice if the Designer either did not update the components that did not change or did not generate the timestamp inside the file.

Michael

jarrednicholls
14 Dec 2010, 1:29 PM
Michael, correct. As I said, in the future you will have the ability to export individual components, therefore only updating their specific JS files (including the generated timestamp). Regardless of that, we'll probably either make this an option or simply do away with it.