PDA

View Full Version : [OPEN-1448] Ext.data.HttpProxy documentation bugs

pbyhistorian
9 Dec 2010, 3:17 PM
Ext JS has a steep learning curve and the documentation often turns it into a cliff: the documentation contains many inconsistencies, contradictions, omissions and meaningless statements. The code is impressive - I wish the documentation was even half as good.

Could we have a forum dedicated to API documentation problems? It would allow the community to QA the documentation and make it easier for newcomers to learn Ext JS (instead of being misled).

For example, in Ext.data.HttpProxy:

The first two sentences and example give "create", "read", "update" and "destroy" (CRUD) as the actions for the "api" config object. The next sentence and examples give the actions as "create", "load", "save" and "destroy" instead - with the latter example matching those actions (CLSD) with "create.php", "read.php", "update.php" and "destroy.php" (CRUD).
The next sentence says "If the specific URL for a given CRUD action is undefined, the CRUD action request will be directed to the configured url." How can a URL be undefined and configured at the same time?

VinylFox
9 Dec 2010, 3:32 PM
The Bug forum for each specific product has been used for documentation fixes - they are treated the same as a code bug.

pbyhistorian
9 Dec 2010, 3:41 PM
Is it possible for me to move this thread into that forum?

VinylFox
9 Dec 2010, 4:01 PM
Ill go ahead and move it for you - could you add a note about which API version of the documentation your using.

pbyhistorian
9 Dec 2010, 4:09 PM
:) Thanks!

I found this in the 3.3.1 API documentation on the Sencha web site.