PDA

View Full Version : How do you develop?

pierredelucci
20 Dec 2010, 5:29 PM
I'm completely new to EXT.

So some doubts:

1- How do you guys use to develop under Ext-js?

I think the best way to develop is using eclipse with Aptana-plugin ok?

If so, how can I develop with eclipse using ext-3.3.1?

2- I was trying To modify the Ext-js Desktop example: http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/dev/examples/desktop/desktop.html

I want to change the 'Start' string to something like 'Options' but I didn't managet doing it.

There is no string 'Start' anywhere, so how do I do it?

pierredelucci
20 Dec 2010, 6:21 PM
For the first doubt I found the answer: Spket.

So the second one I don't now yet, how for example to change the 'Start' label....

frankthetank
21 Dec 2010, 2:46 PM
I'm using Dreamweaver to edit files.
But you could use anything actually, notepad should do the job since it's javascript.

lukefowell89
22 Dec 2010, 2:28 AM
I'm not sure as I havent looked, but maybe you cant change the label as it could be an image? which would explain why you cant find "Start"

egy
22 Dec 2010, 5:19 AM
try this: http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/dev/examples/desktop/js/TaskBar.js

ther is a "Start" string... (maybe on line 27)

rbastic
22 Dec 2010, 5:39 AM
I've been using Eclipse almost exclusively for the past 3 years for commercial projects... Let me tell you, I'm not using it by choice -- it's what we use. Any machine with less than a *ton* of memory seems to be poisoned by that IDE. Oh, and the fact that I've seen numerous machine crashes or Windows-based crashes trash my Java projects through the years... which inevitably results in a recovery process of resetting various project configuration settings, etc....

Just my two cents. I've seen way less problems with (vim && (python || php || ruby || perl)) in practice.

Tim Toady
22 Dec 2010, 5:50 AM
I like Komodo edit. It has a few annoying quirks but alot of awesomeness. Between the Ext support and the syntax checking in both PHP and JS I haven't found anything that suits my needs better.