PDA

View Full Version : Ext version 3.3.1 with submitEmptyText : false not working

tayyabah
20 Dec 2010, 10:46 PM
I am using the latest version of Ext. I have followed this thread http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?115846-Why-are-the-values-of-emptyText-submitted-when-posting-a-Form-to-the-Server-Side&highlight=Form+submit+emptyText
I have used the submitEmptyText : false like this:

form.submit({
submitEmptyText:false,
method:'POST',
waitTitle: 'Wait',
waitMsg: 'Saving...',

success:function(frm, action){
alert('success');
},

failure:function(form, action){
alert(failure);
}});

But still the emptyText values are being submitted :-( Can anybody guide me where am I doing wrong?

tayyabah
13 Jan 2011, 2:53 AM
Has anybody used submitEmptyText:false? I really need help about this field :( Please provide any insight into its usage.

tayyabah
13 Jan 2011, 6:47 AM
I have figures out that if form api is defined then "submitEmptyText: false" never works. Can anybody put light into it and help me in this regard that how to solve this problem?

tayyabah
13 Jan 2011, 11:32 PM
After thoroughly analyzing this problem and looking into the implementation of "submitEmptyText" in ext-all-debug.js, I have found that submitEmptyText implementation is only provided for simple "submit" action and is not provided for "directsubmit".
This is a bug and should be fixed. If any of the ext-js community members are reading this thread then please go through the implementation of submitEmptyText and add this to "directsubmit" as well.

sarathi1990
20 Nov 2016, 10:50 PM
emptyText: 'somet text',
submitEmptyText: false

broque
15 Sep 2017, 1:43 AM
form.getForm().submit({
submitEmptyText: false,
url: myUrl,
waitMsg: 'Saving...',
success: function (_form, action) {
alert('success');