PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] Ext Designer 1.0.3.2 update issue on Windows 7 (including workaround)

hschaefer123
21 Dec 2010, 3:15 AM
Hi Folks,
thanks for the quick updates concerning issues.

Using windows the updater still have problems deleting the old
libion-1.0.x.dll
files forcing the updater to run multiple times and starting with former release.

Manually deleting the old libion*.dll's are a workaround to get the update working.

Under Windows 7 you can find this files under
USERDIR\AppData\Local\Ext JS. Inc\Ext Designer\

There are also former releases of xds-1.x.ion files existing inside this dir that maybe can be removed too.

Best regards
Holger

jarrednicholls
21 Dec 2010, 7:26 AM
Hi Holger,

The updater doesn't need to delete the old dlls. It loads the latest version via the name of the file. So libion-1.0.3_2.dll is newer than libion-1.0.3.dll, and thus is loaded. I've tested the update mechanism of 1.0.3 -> 1.0.3_2 on Win 7 and Win XP. Likewise with the xds-*.ion files, those are loaded by version number and don't need to be removed.

To troubleshoot this, if you could answer a question for me. In file explorer, the files should be in this order when sorted ascending/alphabetically:

libion-1.0.3.dll
libion-1.0.3_2.dll

Are the files sorted differently in your Deutsch locale? Thanks!

hschaefer123
21 Dec 2010, 7:43 AM
Hi Jarred,
the libion files seem to be ok, but after update to 1.0.3.2 and restarting the update dialog came twice again.

After this update, the version dialog showed 1.0.3.1!

I deleted the libion 1.0.3.1 or 1.0.3_1 (do not know excatly) and then the about dialog was telling 1.0.3.2!

My Folder shows
---------------------
libion-1.0.3.dll
libion-1.0.3_2.dll
xds-1.0.3.0.ion
xds-1.0.3.1.ion
xds-1.0.3.2.ion
user.licence
qrc__0.localstorage
---------------------

Greets Holger

jarrednicholls
21 Dec 2010, 7:50 AM
Hey Holger,

The update does occur twice, one to download libion and the other to download xds-*.ion. That will be consolidated in 1.1 to be a single update. After the second update, 1.0.3.2 should have appeared. Strange. :-/

Thanks for the info.