PDA

View Full Version : vtype problem

reena
23 Dec 2010, 4:18 AM
Hi,
i have same form for register and edit the company information and i m using v type for unique field but at the time of
updation that field is disable but when i click on update button it is not proceeding further because of vtype on that field any solution for this problem?

regards
Reena

Condor
23 Dec 2010, 4:34 AM
Are you sure the field is disabled and not readonly? Disabled fields don't perform validation, but readonly fields do.

reena
23 Dec 2010, 4:46 AM
hi,
i don't want to perform validations on that field at the time of updation but i hav to perform validation on registration
so wat i have to do?any idea?

reena

Condor
23 Dec 2010, 5:04 AM
i don't want to perform validations on that field at the time of updation but i hav to perform validation on registration...

What do you mean by "validation on registration"?

reena
23 Dec 2010, 5:11 AM
Hi,
i mean to say i m using only one form for updation and registration of company information when i register the company information then i have to put validation on cin no field but at the time of updation that cin no field is readpnly but i m using vtype on that field so on the time of updation i can not proceed further because of that vtype.any other solution for this problem.

regards
reena

Condor
23 Dec 2010, 5:19 AM
Your english is a bit hard to understand...

So you are using the same form for insert and update? And some fields should only be validated when inserting, but not when updating?
When the form is used for updating you need to disable() the fields that should not be validated.

reena
23 Dec 2010, 5:25 AM
so how to disable that field?

Condor
23 Dec 2010, 5:46 AM
field.disable()?