PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED-1334] HUGE BUG in masking windows!!!

radubrehar
23 Dec 2010, 7:27 AM
Hi,

I have found a HUGE bug in masking windows.

Go and open http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/dev/examples/window/layout.html
click 'show window'

Than using Firebug take a reference to the window and call mask on the window's el

var el = Ext.getCmp("ext-comp-1006").el; //change id if needed
el.mask();

See attached image. Tested in both FF and Chrome, and it reproduces in both.

This only reproduces when masking the 'el' of windows, and not of panels.

Anyone knows of this?

devtig
26 Dec 2010, 8:03 AM
I get the same result. But, what is it exactly you're trying to accomplish? A modal window maybe?

radubrehar
26 Dec 2010, 11:09 AM
I'm trying to mask a window while an Ajax call is in progress. I can work around this in different ways, but the bug remains and it is quite important.
The problem is that the 'el' of a window is not an Ext.Element but an Ext.Layer (which indeed inherits from Ext.Element). It seems to me that there is a bug in the Ext.Layer or somewhere related, since the Ext.Layer has the responsability of managing both the window element and the shim/shadow behind it.

devtig
26 Dec 2010, 12:34 PM
Mask the body instead.

Ext.getBody().mask()

I'm not sure it makes much sense masking a window. What if multiple windows are present? But I agree that what happens now, masking a window, could be considered a bug.

hendricd
26 Dec 2010, 7:21 PM
A simple:

yourWindow.bwrap.mask();

would effectively mask anything in the Window including Toolbars.

The 'el' of a Window is usually where the underlying shadow and Layers live. Tread lightly there for masking. ;)

radubrehar
27 Dec 2010, 12:18 AM
Masking the bwrap is a better solution, as Doug said, it also masks toolbars. Yet I still think this should be considered a bug :)
Probably I will have more time next week to investigate and hope you don't mind I will keep you informed if I find the cause.

Thanks.

bloudon
27 Dec 2010, 6:58 AM
Another post on the same issue:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?112625-FIXED-1334-Bug-in-3.3-while-masking-windows

Also contains an override to allow the masking to work again.

radubrehar
4 Jan 2011, 5:15 AM
Thank you for pointing this out!

meroy
4 Jan 2011, 10:57 AM
This has been addressed in SVN (3.3.x branch).