PDA

View Full Version : How to use rowspan option in a extjs grid?

rajesh_kar123
28 Dec 2010, 9:20 PM
Pease let me know about rowspan option in grid.
I know about groupingHeader plugins for a grid, but how can i use rowspan in the same grid.

Thanks and regards,
rajesh

Condor
28 Dec 2010, 11:55 PM
Please don't double post.

Answer: here (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?103133-GridPanel-row-spanning-(well-sort-of...)).

rajesh_kar123
29 Dec 2010, 3:08 AM
Thanks for your quick support, but i am sorry!
it could not help me.

I expected that, extjs must me supporting some plugins or a specific structure to get the rowspan property.
If it does not, then the extensive library goes for a toss.

Please let me know, if any other alternatives, is possible?

The answer you gave, may be well enough for a static grid, how about a dynamic data loading, it looks complex.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Rajesh

Condor
29 Dec 2010, 4:00 AM
My TableGridView user extension could be modified to support row and column spanning, because it uses a plain table to render the grid.

The disadvantage of TableGridView is that it doesn't support plugins like row expander, grouping or locking (you would have to create separate versions of these plugins for TableGridView).

rajesh_kar123
29 Dec 2010, 8:23 PM
Sir,
I understand your point.
But my requirements are:
1) to create a grid with grouping headers using GroupingHeaderPlugin, whcih i have done.
2) On that in the grid content part, i need to provide some rowspan for some cells in any of the rows.

I am struglling to get that. However i am adjusting the look and feel using some style property.
But, not confident, whether that works in case of dynamic row generation.

Please, try out something for me and let me know if you have any examples with source code.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajesh