PDA

View Full Version : ExtJS 3.3.1 not wrking in firefox

sndy
1 Jan 2011, 3:56 PM
Recently I replaces my extJS folder from 3.0 to 3.3.1 and tested it for a simple window application, the application is runnig fine in IE but nothing appears in FF 3.6.x and no errors are shown as well in the error console. Kindly help.

skirtle
1 Jan 2011, 4:11 PM
Do you have Firebug installed? Take a look at the Net tab and confirm that it is successfully loading the new version of Ext.

How is your application initialized? Ext.onReady()?

sndy
1 Jan 2011, 4:53 PM
Do you have Firebug installed? Take a look at the Net tab and confirm that it is successfully loading the new version of Ext.

How is your application initialized? Ext.onReady()?

thnx for the reply.I have checked with firebug and all the files are loaded (jsp,js,css) with the status = 200 OK .

and yes the appl. is initialized with Ext.onReady()

skirtle
1 Jan 2011, 5:10 PM
Have you tried putting some logging at the start of your Ext.onReady() to confirm it's being called? Just an alert('hello') would do. If it's definitely being called could you post some of the initialization code here? The HTML for your page might be useful too.

Not even getting an error in Firebug is very odd...

sndy
1 Jan 2011, 6:22 PM
whn i replace all the files in the ext folder with that of ext 3.0 ,the same code is working in FF .here is the sample code -

~~~~jsp file~~~~

<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1"%>
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
<title>Application</title>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href='/****/ext/resources/css/ext-all.css'/>
<script type="text/javascript" src='='/****/ext/adapter/ext/ext-base.js'></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src=='/****/ext/ext-all.js'></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src='='/****/ext/ext-all-debug.js'></script>
<script type="text/javascript">Ext.BLANK_IMAGE_URL = '='/****/ext/resources/images/default/s.gif';</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src='='/****/js/application.js'></script>

</head>
<body>

</body>
</html>

~~~~~ js ~~~~~~

alert('hello');
Ext.onReady(function(){

alert('inside ready');
var win = new Ext.Window({
title: 'Layout Window',
//closable:true,
width:600,
height:350//,
//border:false,
// plain:true,
// layout: 'fit'
});

win.show();
});

sndy
1 Jan 2011, 6:26 PM
Have you tried putting some logging at the start of your Ext.onReady() to confirm it's being called? Just an alert('hello') would do. If it's definitely being called could you post some of the initialization code here? The HTML for your page might be useful too.

Not even getting an error in Firebug is very odd...

if i use ext 3.0 instead of ext 3.3.1 the same application runs in FF.here is some sample code -
~~~~ jsp ~~~~~

<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1"%>
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
<title>Application</title>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href='/****/ext/resources/css/ext-all.css'/>
<script type="text/javascript" src='/****/ext/adapter/ext/ext-base.js'></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src='/****/ext/ext-all.js'></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src='/****/ext/ext-all-debug.js'></script>
<script type="text/javascript">Ext.BLANK_IMAGE_URL = '/****/ext/resources/images/default/s.gif';</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src='/****/js/application.js'></script>

</head>
<body>

</body>
</html>

~~~~ js ~~~~~

alert('hello');
Ext.onReady(function(){

alert('inside ready');
var win = new Ext.Window({
title: 'Layout Window',
//closable:true,
width:600,
height:350//,
//border:false,
// plain:true,
// layout: 'fit'
});

win.show();
});

evant
1 Jan 2011, 6:47 PM
Why are you including ext-all and ext-all-debug on the same page? Use one or the other, not both.

sndy
1 Jan 2011, 7:36 PM
hmm.... tht worked ......... whn both the files were included, FF was nt loading the image files but just the js,jsp,css files nd nothing was shown in the error console..... i guess tht ws why i was nt able to see anything on FF. nyways srry for a silly mistake nd thnx a lot skirtle and evant.