fieldLabel: 'End Date',
name: 'enddt',
id: 'enddt',
vtype: 'daterange',
startDateField: 'startdt' // id of the start date field
}]
}

How can I clone this object?

More specifically, I concern about how to enhance the reusability of the components.
As the number of components used grows, I have found that it is annoying to do copy and paste and this job even increase the amounts of code line. so I wonder how other peoples work in managing a number of the components.

6 Jan 2011, 7:30 PM
If you have reusable bits of code, move them to classes, register xtypes :)

ygpark2
6 Jan 2011, 7:45 PM
Your explanation is little bit harder to me to understand.

My case is that when I insert above form panel into several panels, I met some weird situation like duplicate contents, malfunction of event etc. I guess this problem is caused by copying the component. I believe extjs regard these components are the same components so I need to clone the component and make extjs distinguish these two components as well as dwindle the amount of code line.

mdavis6890
6 Jan 2011, 9:05 PM
Jgarcia has a great video tutorial on exactly this subject. Check it out on tdg-I.com. That's what really got me started on extjs.

Look fornthe one about extending and abstract classes.

mitchellsimoens
7 Jan 2011, 6:41 AM
Jgarcia has a great video tutorial on exactly this subject. Check it out on tdg-I.com. That's what really got me started on extjs.

Not to make Jay's head any bigger but agreed. ;) Also check out his book (an upcoming books).

7 Jan 2011, 6:43 AM
Not to make Jay's head any bigger but agreed. ;) Also check out his book (an upcoming books).

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/62/173109340_3f15ae66ec.jpg

7 Jan 2011, 6:43 AM

Wow! That's great to hear :). I'm glad the videos have provided some value to you :)

mitchellsimoens
7 Jan 2011, 6:44 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/62/173109340_3f15ae66ec.jpg

You and your images. Google Image search pretty handy for ya? ...sorry, off topic of this thread now

gby
7 Jan 2011, 8:06 AM
Your explanation is little bit harder to me to understand.

My case is that when I insert above form panel into several panels, I met some weird situation like duplicate contents, malfunction of event etc.

You copy a form panel which contains fields with id config. Components id's need to be unique for you entire page. If not weird things can happen... Anyway stick to Jay's advice on classes and xtypes and your life will get much easier :)

mdavis6890
7 Jan 2011, 8:29 AM
Yeah, and after you're done watching the one about abstract classes, watch the one about Ext.getCmp and stop using hard-coded ids at all.