PDA

View Full Version : Web Framework for ExtJS?

mdavis6890
7 Jan 2011, 1:38 PM
I'm sure this isn't the right forum, but I hope a few of you will humor me anyway.

I'm pretty comfortable with ExtJS by now, but all the database access is becoming unmanageable. I have a separate PHP file for every single object type to create JSON for all those little drop downs, grids, etc. I'm also not using true REST. Every time I want to create a new something, I have three files: one for the store, one for the grid/selectbox/etc, and one PHP file to supply the data.

I know there's a better way, but I'd like to be able to get there without re-writing everything. Ideally there'd be just one PHP or Python script I could point to in a RESTful way to handle all the data. Any ideas?

How are the rest of you handling this? Web Framework? Which one?

I guess this post has two parts:

1. What's a good framework to use for my next project.
2. What can I do for this project to get uber-simple RESTful access to my PostgreSQL database?

Thanks for the advice,

Michael

11 Jan 2011, 1:15 PM
I'm sure this isn't the right forum, but I hope a few of you will humor me anyway.

I'm pretty comfortable with ExtJS by now, but all the database access is becoming unmanageable. I have a separate PHP file for every single object type to create JSON for all those little drop downs, grids, etc. I'm also not using true REST. Every time I want to create a new something, I have three files: one for the store, one for the grid/selectbox/etc, and one PHP file to supply the data.

I know there's a better way, but I'd like to be able to get there without re-writing everything. Ideally there'd be just one PHP or Python script I could point to in a RESTful way to handle all the data. Any ideas?

How are the rest of you handling this? Web Framework? Which one?

I guess this post has two parts:

1. What's a good framework to use for my next project.
2. What can I do for this project to get uber-simple RESTful access to my PostgreSQL database?

Thanks for the advice,

Michael

For my PHP projects, i use code igniter.