PDA

View Full Version : Sencha Touch Questions for starting first commercial project

Dumas
8 Jan 2011, 1:43 PM
Hello guys!

I'm missing some essential information before starting a project:

- What platforms at which versions does Sencha Touch support?
I could only find that they claim to support iPhone and Android, but then I tried on android 1.5 and it failed miserably.

- Why does sencha make complicated stuff like rendering its own select box view on iPhone, while the original iPhone one is much more beautiful?

- Is there a theme which has the iPhone stand blue colouring?

- Is there a way to display a calendar for a whole month to then choose from, like the jQuery uidatepicker (http://jqueryui.com/demos/datepicker/) which stays open all the time?

thx
Roland

jjfortuin
8 Jan 2011, 2:48 PM
Hi,
- sencha should work in any modern webkit browser. However, some 3d effects are not supported on Android as far as I know, there may be more limitations.
- "complicated" depends on how familiar you are with HTML/Javascript/CSS etc, "more beautiful" is a matter of taste. Remember that Sencha is not "native iphone", with Sencha you built web applications.
- Themes can be customized, if you're really good, there's no limit to what can be created, you can re-created all colors that iPhone uses.
Take a look at some of the examples out there.
-don't know yet, I'm still learning too!

J.J.

Dumas
8 Jan 2011, 9:49 PM
Hi!

- support: With "support" I don't speak about 3d-effects or minor details, on android 1.5 the kitchensink example only displays the header, no list at all! The tabs don't work right as well and so on...

- iPhone select: it's a matter of taste, that's true. Is there a way to use the standard form select field?

- theming: Yeah, I ment already finished. I'm mediocre at css, but still a pro would need quite some time to adopt the theme....

- calendar: I took a look at the examples, but I couldn't find a calender anywhere. That's why I ask.

thx and best regards,
Roland