PDA

View Full Version : Combobox is limited ?

same66
11 Jan 2011, 1:08 AM
Hi,

I use a combobox in my application and I have a problem when I set the values.
I have many values (400-500) and my combobox component crash my application...
It's normal ?
How to rectify that ?

Condor
11 Jan 2011, 1:13 AM
What do you mean by 'crash'?

There is indeed a limit to the number of values in a combobox, but you're nowhere near it (it depends on the height of each value in the list, the default is about 10k).

ps. Showing 500 values can be slow. I would recommend specifying a pageSize and using the PagingStore user extension.

same66
11 Jan 2011, 1:35 AM
Hi, thanks for your help.
When my combobox crash, my javascript is killed.

When I test my combo on my computer, my javascript is killed (FF 3.6.13) and when I try the same combo with the same version but on another computer, the extJS work perfectly and the loading is instant ! and no problem :O

I don't understand why the behaviour is different.

same66
11 Jan 2011, 5:11 AM
any idea ?
Why the attitude is different on two computer, with the same OS, and the same navigator ?

Condor
11 Jan 2011, 5:39 AM
You still didn't tell me what you actually mean by 'crash'.

same66
11 Jan 2011, 6:48 AM
My navigator freez and crash.
I think my combobox fails to integrate data... but why ? :O

Condor
11 Jan 2011, 6:58 AM
That is not something javascript is able to do. There must be something wrong with that Firefox installation (some extra plugins?).

same66
11 Jan 2011, 7:22 AM
Hum, it's strange :O
Why the navigator die only when I want to see the combobox content ?
And I have try this problem on 5 computer different and 2 are killed when the combobox content is set.

steve.brownlee
11 Jan 2011, 7:27 AM
Sometimes it helps if you post the code that is causing you problems. We're geeks and we think in code. Coming up with a solution to an abstract problem is very hard when we can't see the code.

Condor
11 Jan 2011, 7:36 AM
I don't think that's really going to help, because according to the OP it crashes some FF 3.6.13 instances, but not others.

The javascript must be hitting some kind of bug in the Gecko rendering engine that causes it to crash.

These kind of things are really hard to debug and should be solved by Mozilla and not by changing the javascript.

steve.brownlee
11 Jan 2011, 7:38 AM
Absolutely it should. But in the meantime, I'm sure same66 wants help to get his app up and running consistently ;)