PDA

View Full Version : How can i specify the application name ?

Shijutv
11 Jan 2011, 9:13 PM
Hi All,
I have a iPhone application which use google map.The google map shows the current location.
When i run my application in iPhone simulator it shows some messages regarding the geo cordinates .How can i shorten the messages ?
The message is given below

"/User/jvanvark/Library/Applivation support/iPhone Simulator/4.2/Applications/8DAD6862-41AD-A743-1988253AF1CB/LandersToyoto.app/www/index.html " Would Like To Use Your Current Location

I want to show it as "Landers Toyoto " Would Like To Use Your Current Location

Any Help would be appreciated
Shiju

Shijutv
12 Jan 2011, 4:05 AM
Hi All,
Any help ?

Shiju

senchan
25 Nov 2011, 1:18 AM
I'm having trouble with the same issue.
Any help appreciated.

Thanks

hugesuccess
30 Nov 2011, 6:50 PM
<html>
<head>
<title>Landers Toyota</title>
</head>
<body>

</body>
</html>

Bet you didn't think it was going to be that easy!!! :-D

senchan
2 Dec 2011, 6:33 AM
Unfortunately not that easy.
Main problem is this geolocation, when I run the application (at first run) user friendly confirmation message showing up ("application_name" Would Like To Use Your Current Location) which is correct but then 2nd confirmation message showing up ("blablablabla..../index.html" Would Like To Use Your Current Location). And the worst part is this 2nd msg is showing up everytime when you start the application which is unacceptable. I really need help to fix this issue.

mapEx = new Ext.Map({
id: 'map',
useCurrentLocation: true,
geo : new Ext.util.GeoLocation({
autoUpdate: true,
allowHighAccuracy: true,
timeout : 1000,
listeners: { locationupdate: function (geo) { } }
}),
});

hugesuccess
2 Dec 2011, 11:38 AM
Hate to say it but it sounds like it's working correctly. The first message is an opt in (ie. this app does geolocation, is that cool?). The second is a confirmation (ie: doing geo right now, is that cool?). The browser cache's your response to the opt in (which explains why you only get that message once). The opt in shows the title, the confirmation shows the url. The good news is that iphone drops params, so www.superblahblah.com/?qe1=lotsofcash&qe2=evenmorecash&qe3=makeitrain you only see "www.superblahblah.com would like to use your location". Look to pretty URL's to clean up that url a bit. But completely changing the confirmation is not possible, welcome to the mobile web :-D