PDA

View Full Version : Textarea is dirty, although there were no changes

Qtx
16 Jan 2011, 3:09 PM
I have a form with tabpanel. A tab contains textarea and the this tab is not visible per default. I load the content of a text file into this textarea upon form render. I set trackResetOnLoad to true. I set deferredRender to false to be able to load complete data of the form. By closing the form, I check whether it is dirty, and warn it it is.

If I open the form and do not visit the tab with the textarea, the textarea does not become dirty.

If I open the form and visit the tab with the textarea, the textarea does become dirty. I do no changes, not even focusing.

If the textarea content does not have many lines but only one, the textarea does not become dirty by visiting the tab.

It seems that by activating the tab, when the textarea becomes visible, something happens in the textarea with the new line characters. But what and why?

I load and write this text file over this textarea. I just write the content, which I receive over the post request from this textarea, to the text file. This file is loaded if the form is being opened. This file is not edited by external editors.

Any ideas and tips are appreciated.