PDA

View Full Version : Which ext elem is this?

mecfou1
17 Jan 2011, 7:02 AM
Hi,

When I open the ext api documentation, I see something like this on the right corner of the page -

"Some Parent elem
|
|
|___ Some child elem
|
|
|____ Some child of child"

Is this element provided by ext. If yes, could some one please tell me the name of the element?

Thanks

fay
17 Jan 2011, 7:06 AM
Sorry could you elaborate on that, or point to where exactly in the api docs you are looking, as that doesn't really make sense to me.

mecfou1
17 Jan 2011, 7:12 AM
Hi,

Please hit this link

http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-2.3.0/docs/

Then click on Ex -> Tree -> Tree Editor

On the right corner of your page, you would see a rectangular box with grey background tracing the hierarchy of the component

Observable--component..editor..tree editor

is this provided by ext as some element?

Thank you

fay
17 Jan 2011, 7:20 AM
I can't understand your question. Yes it shows the hierarchy. When you say "element", do you mean how does the API docs render this box? If so, just look at the source with FireFox+FireBug - that'll provide you with the CSS used.

Condor
17 Jan 2011, 7:21 AM
No, that's just plain rendered HTML.

And you are not looking for a TreePanel (as you see on the left of the API docs)?

mecfou1
17 Jan 2011, 7:23 AM
Hi,

Yes, a tree panel is exactly what am looking for.

Thank You!

mecfou1
17 Jan 2011, 7:37 AM
Sorry, I dont know if i am looking for a tree panel. I'm not sure how a tree panel looks. I am looking to show a component somewhat similar to the one in the ext api docs.

Basically, I have an app that has multiple screens. As the user navigates from one screen to another, I want to trace his movement on a component like the one mentioned the ext api docs.

Sorry for the confusion :)

Thanks

Condor
17 Jan 2011, 7:52 AM
So you are looking for a breadcrum trail component. I don't think one exists, because it's too dependent on how you write your application.