PDA

View Full Version : how to check filled values

sandeep9763
4 Feb 2011, 2:22 AM
Hi on change of one text field i am loading many fields ,,,grids,combos etc
using tabs.getForm().load({url:'/MyServlet',waitMsg:'Loading...',
method:'POST',params etc...

inside the myservlet i am setting all the values using its item ids and all.and later pushing the data to the js page.

every thing is loading fine ..but immediately after loading i wanna check a particular field value

but i tried using the field.getValue();

I am not able to execute the above line .,.

fay
4 Feb 2011, 2:30 AM
Where are you checking the field value? In the load method's success handler? (I won't post a link to the docs here as the response will go into moderation, but if you search the docs for BasicForm's doAction you'll find a full description of "success".)

sandeep9763
4 Feb 2011, 2:53 AM
yes i am checking in the load method success handler , as i was having some grids in this success handler i used some functions to load the grids at last i am trying to get the value ,but that is not executing

fay
4 Feb 2011, 3:01 AM
Use FireFox+Firebug and put a breakpoint in the success handler, and you can debug from there. If not, post some code that replicates the problem.

sandeep9763
4 Feb 2011, 4:05 AM
i had sent u private message plz check it

fay
4 Feb 2011, 4:21 AM
Why not post your code here? ...so others might be able to see something that I'll miss. How did you get on with debugging it with FF+Firebug?

Also, I haven't quite figured out yet how to see my PMs with the site's new design!!!