PDA

View Full Version : CheckboxSelectionModel Functionality

elshae
10 Feb 2011, 12:49 PM
Hello ExtJS,

I have gotten to the point of adding a checkbox column to my EditorGrid, yet I am unsatisfied with it's functionality. Right now a user has to select an entire row for for the checkbox to be selected (they cannot just click the checkbox, which is what I feel is more intuitive from the user's perspective) and I would also like it if they could click multiple checkboxes without having to hold down the control/command key. The reason I would like to do this is because I am going to add a button to the tbar which when clicked should have a panel with a form showing some of the info of the 'checked' entries. If anyone knows an example much similar to this one, please pass it on as I have yet to find one using a checkbox in this way.

As for the code I display the checkbox columns with this:

sm = new Ext.grid.CheckboxSelectionModel();
placeNamesColumnModel = new Ext.grid.ColumnModel({
columns: [sm,{other columns......}]
});

Thank you for your time,

elshae

steffenk
10 Feb 2011, 1:59 PM
are you looking for this? still open ...

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?117750-OPEN-1468-3.3-Ext.grid.CheckboxSelectionModel-and-singleSelect-false

elshae
10 Feb 2011, 2:31 PM
Thanks for your reply, but I'm afraid that's not really my issue. It's a little more closely related to this one:
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?123639-Grid-with-Checkbox-column-selection-issues

In this thread it seems like this person was able to get the checkbox ticking correctly. In my case, the checkbox does not get ticked unless the row is clicked. I'd like to be able to just check the checkbox to get it to tick on/off. I don't really mind if the row gets selected too, although I might consider suggestions of that thread too.

Also I'd like to be able to select several checkboxes without having to hold down a control/command key...I'm sorry if I'm not explaining myself correctly...

I do not want clicking of a checkbox to add or remove rows. I eventually want a button that when clicked, will see which rows were selected and some of their data can be updated this way.

Thank you,

elshae