PDA

View Full Version : Scrolling

John Doe01
17 Feb 2011, 5:55 AM
Talking of Android HTC, there is issue when the scrolling list occurs. Just I try to scroll big list and after that my app has hung for a while. Is it performance problem? Is there quickly fix of that ? Thanks.

mitchellsimoens
17 Feb 2011, 8:25 AM
Quick fix... enable paging. Mobile devices shouldn't have "big lists"

John Doe01
18 Feb 2011, 12:29 AM
Quick fix... enable paging. Mobile devices shouldn't have "big lists"

What max limit of the items should the list has ? 5,10,15 ? I already have crash result with 15items.

mitchellsimoens
18 Feb 2011, 5:05 AM
Really? What are you doing then? I had performance tested one with 4,000 records once... things were very very very slow but no crash. It did finally crash my whole iPod soon after that.

adl.prog
16 Mar 2011, 12:13 AM
Hi there,
i have the same problem with iPad.
At the moment the list contains 19 items. After scrolling ends the application hung, but not only for a while.

Is there any fix or workaround for this ?

adl.prog
16 Mar 2011, 2:50 AM
Solution (for my problem ):
The main problem was in the model of the used dataview. One of the used fields was wrong in type-definition. Before scrolling the dataview only one error occures, but from the moment of first scrolling ... thousands and application hung ...

mitchellsimoens
16 Mar 2011, 4:16 AM
Solution (for my problem ):
The main problem was in the model of the used dataview. One of the used fields was wrong in type-definition. Before scrolling the dataview only one error occures, but from the moment of first scrolling ... thousands and application hung ...

When you say "thousands", do you have thousands of records loaded into your DataView?

adl.prog
16 Mar 2011, 5:41 AM
no, i mean thousnads of errors and application hang.

after changing the datatype in my model to 'auto' the problem disappears.