PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Safari disable scrolling

rickyclegg
18 Feb 2011, 4:39 AM
I'm building a sencha touch application for the iPad. The entire page is designed at 1024 wide and centres itself on the screen. In portrait mode you only see 768 of the 1024 screen, but it has been designed so it still looks great.

I have configurated the view port so that it never scrolls and also is scale 1.0. which gives me the desired effect!

However because in portrait there is an overflow you can scroll horizontally and I don't want this to be able to happen ever. Only vertical. Is there a way to stop scrolling in mobile safari as overflow-x does not work. Or is there a way I can achieve the same affect with a component like Panel.

Any help would be great.

JunkyJames
3 May 2011, 1:55 AM
did you manage to find the answer to this? it would be really helpful for me right now :)

rickyclegg
3 May 2011, 1:57 AM
I managed to do a work around... There were 3 panels in a row. The top panel was always able to interact with no matter what. So I made the height of the top panel the height of all the panels. And they I could scroll the entire page.

rickyclegg
3 May 2011, 2:00 AM
Sorry that was not the answer you needed.

As your application is always fullscreen you should never need the overflow property. Each panel can handle it's scrolling with the scroll property. If you have vertical scrolling inside of vertical scroll you should rethink the design.