PDA

View Full Version : Paging grid - better solution than remote paging grid?

drian
22 Feb 2011, 5:03 AM
Hi there, is there a better solutions to having a paged grid, rather than the remote way?

Currently my datastore fetches its json data through 2 base params (start and limit) and whenever the page is changed, these 2 values are changed and the data is fetched again from the server.

However, i need to implement a checkbox selection model, and i need to switch pages and also keep "checked" all my previous checked records. This is not possible with the remote behaviour of the datastore.

The reason why loading and displaying all the records is super slow, is actually the javascript being too slow do render the grid rows and not the data fetching form the server.

Is there a solutions to load the datastore only once, with all the records, and ONLY displaying in the grid a certain part of it (from a start variable to a limit variable)? This solution needs to work for all the following: grid paging, grid sorting, paged sorting, etc.

How do you guys deal with this?

thanks!

drian
22 Feb 2011, 5:56 AM
found http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?71532-Ext.ux.data.PagingStore-v0.5

uhhh.. i didn't think paging is such an issue.

Shouldn't an old framework like ext have built-in paged row numberer, checkbox sel model? :(

Any news regarding this in extjs 4? Any way of getting these into the new release?