PDA

View Full Version : EditorGridPanel no click event if cell is on same row

Tod
22 Feb 2011, 7:18 AM
I have an EditorGridPanel. If I am editting a cell in one row of the grid and then click a cell in a different row, I get a series of events that finish the edit on the first cell and select the second cell -- all is well. If, however, I select a cell in the same row, that cell does not become selected. Capturing the events shows quite clearly that if I click a cell on the same row in the grid, I don't get "click, beforeedit, cellclick, rowclick" sequence... whereas if I click a cell in a different row, I do.

I can replicate this in both Firefox and IE8

Any ideas? Thanks.
-Tod

jsakalos
22 Feb 2011, 11:24 AM
Hmm, I cannot confirm this. I've tested it this way:

1. navigate to: http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/dev/examples/grid/edit-grid.html
2. type in the console: Ext.util.Observable.capture(Ext.getCmp('ext-comp-1005'), function(){console.log(arguments[0]);})
3. watch the firing events

It seems like there is no (major) difference between same/different row clicking.

Tod
22 Feb 2011, 12:06 PM
I tested using the same example, and was able to replicate the problem. The key is that you have to enter something new.

Select "Bergamot" and add some characters to the end -- select a price on a different row, you'll see it becomes available for editing... select price on the *same* row and it does not.

Are you not seeing this?
-Tod

jsakalos
22 Feb 2011, 12:44 PM
Yes, it's like you describe - first time I didn't change values in cells. I'm almost prone to consider it as bug - there is no reason why it should behave different when it's same row from when it's another one.

I can move this thread to Bugs so that the devel team can explain if this behavior is in by default or it's a bug and fix it.

Tod
22 Feb 2011, 1:07 PM
Seems like a bug to me too. Thanks for verifying!

jsakalos
22 Feb 2011, 1:47 PM
OK, moving the thread to bugs.

Condor
23 Feb 2011, 6:30 AM
Already logged as bug #82 (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?62466-DEFER-82-2.x-3.x-GridView.refreshRow-implementation-is-seriously-broken) (really hard to fix).