PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED]Memory Leak in Charting

margozzi
22 Feb 2011, 8:10 AM
If you let the Charting example run for a day, Firefox consumes over 1G of memory according to Windows task manager. Firefox becomes unresponsive. I noticed this in my application first and double checked with the example code. The example has the exact same problem.

The example I am referring to is in: examples/sandbox/index.html

I am running FireFox 3.6.13

daanlib
22 Feb 2011, 8:46 AM
I don't think this is specifically an Ext 4 charting problem, but more of a firefox problem. I've been using firefox for many years now and every once in a while it needs a restart because it starts eating big chunks of RAM.

margozzi
22 Feb 2011, 8:59 AM
That may well be, but the charts seem to bring it out quickly. I would like the team to look into it as this would make my application unusable on Firefox. Personally, this is the first time I have run into this problem with Firefox.

Jamie Avins
22 Feb 2011, 11:41 AM
There was a problem with how nodes were being destroyed in the charts that has been fixed for the next release. We'll continue to see what other issues might be here. Note that the live chart example doesn't clean up old dates and I'd expect that one to 'leak' as the datastore for it never stops growing.

margozzi
22 Feb 2011, 3:59 PM
This may be a dumb question but ... When you call load on a store for the second time, what happens to the initial set of records? Are they kept from becoming a memory leak by the store? Is there something I have to do to make sure there is no leak? I see very little on memory management mentioned with regards to JS or ExtJS sadly.

vmadman
23 Feb 2011, 5:34 AM
No, really, its probably Firefox.

You said "quickly" but also said "run it for a day". Try running it on a firefox that does not have plugins such as web developer or firebug and you'll no doubt see a reduction in RAM usage.